The story began in a small home bakery on the Vuohela farm, which is almost 200 years old. Everything was changed when the founder of the company, managing director Pirkko Hämäläinen, was diagnosed with celiac disease. Pirkko was shocked when she discovered the extent to which gluten-free products lacked any taste. She decided to do something about it, beginning the development process of gluten-free products and focusing on the best raw materials, delicious recipes and the traditional baker's craft. ”When you do something, make sure it’s absolutely the very best it can be.”
That was the beginning of a success story. Today, Vuohelan Herkku is one of the most beloved gluten-free brands in Finland. Our products go well with a broad range of diets.
We use only gluten-free grains (buckwheat and rice) and certified gluten-free oats. Where ever possible, we use materials that originate in Finland. Our products contain no wheat starch, and our bakery produces no products with gluten in them.
VUOHELAN HERKKU OY
- Is the leading producer of gluten-free fresh products in Finland
- Produces bead, filling and sweet pastries, deep-frozen products and flours
- Exhibits a turnover €8,5 million (2016)
- Provides employment to approximately 75 people
- Has nation-wide operations in Finland
- Started its operations in 1989, changing its company form to that of a limited company in 2011
Do not hesitate to ask any further information about